Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Happy Birthday to Karla, my niece on the Salazar side, who turned 15 on July 3rd...we share our birthday :-)
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Jason reading his card from Meagan...it made him cry ;'-(
Here we are trying to take a "Family Picture" on Father's day...and we have 2 silly boys making faces
This is the card Ryan made for Daddy at school...it came with a booklet of redeemable tickets... I hate to say this, but that evening Korbin got a hold of scissors and it was in pieces by the time he was done cutting...We have to hide the evidence, since Ryan will be very upset with Korbin...I may try and tape it together!!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Here are some pictures of the ceremony...Thanks Meg for taking good pictures (and some not so good ones either...like the family one...and guess what? You forgot to get in the family picture!) Love, Mommy ;-)
Pictured with my Mom & Dad
|Make a Smilebox slideshow|
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Meagan...enjoying her moment!
Ryan...showing off the flowers
Meagan and Auntie Jodi
Meagan with Pappa & Mamma
Friday, June 5, 2009
Happy Birthday my dear sister Yesi. We love you :-)
Also, today is our Mom's b-day. Happy Birthday Mom. Hope you have a great day! We did remember to call her early this morning...Korbin half way sang happy birthday to her, but with no cake and candles in sight he had a hard time getting in to the song ...lol...!!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
It was nice having them over. We hope to have other couples over soon. I do have to say, they have no children and ours were all over the place...lol... At one point the boys were playing by the pool and splashed us with a little bit of water and oh yeah, Korbin hit Rachel with the pool noodle (accidentally of course...and he did apologize(after Mommy made him))...hopefully we didn't run them off or from accepting any future invitations to our home...lol... Silas did go home with a bowl of my homemade salsa, so hopefully that made up for it :-)
(I did take a few pictures (of the cake on my cute cake plate) that I had planned on posting, but they are M.I.A!! I think Meg got her hands on my camera since she was probably making room for her "photo shoot" pictures.)
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Written By Regina Brett, a 90 years old, of Cleveland, Ohio
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me… It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer (age) rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more”:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone...
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
Monday, June 1, 2009
And here is the 49.99 table with 4 chairs. I'm going to fix it up with cushions and place mats (or something...we'll see ;-)